Now that it is the week before Easter and Spring here, it is time to do my favorite activity more than once during the week: BRUNCHING.
With several places open only on Sundays, be sure to brunch at least twice every week until Graduation.
Some of the best places are
1. The Bagel Bar – I dedicated an entire blog to this little spot because A. it is unknown and B. it has the best bagels and cream cheese in this area.
2. Acme: The Make-your-own Bloody Mary and Scallop Eggs Benedict is sure to entice you for more. Another benefit is that Saturday brunch is available here.
3. 411 West: Their coffee is fantastic and their french toast is prime. Be sure to come in on a Sunday for brunching and game watching.
4. Venable: Never can go wrong with this brunch. Amazing French toast, weekly Eggs Benedict specials, and French press coffee. Again brunch is available on Saturdays as well.
5. Weathervane -Southern Seasons: only the finest ingredients, their omelets are surely unique and enticing enough for you to become a frequenter.
Other great places that have more American style breakfast and 7 days a week breakfast are Elmo’s and Coffee shop
“Too many people look at the holes in their life, and miss the bagel.” -Anonymous
Growing up in Miami with a large Jewish community, I was always spoiled with incredible bagels and cream cheese spots.
Unfortunately, as a Freshman, Alpine Bagel on campus did not cut it for me. I wanted something more boutiquey and less like Bruegger’s Bagels, which is more of a chain restaurant.
Luckily, I found “The Bagel Bar”.
Every month, they have the cream cheese of the month some of my favorites being blueberry cream cheese, carrot cake cream cheese, and Nutella cream cheese. Yes, I have a sweet tooth!
If you are in the mood for something savory – go for the everything bagel, scooped out with eggs, bacon or sausage, and veggie cream cheese.
Now for my favorite choices: my go-to is the cinnamon raisin and walnut raisin cream cheese (always there and always amazing)
This month’s cream cheese has been the Nutella flavor – I highly recommend it with the double chocolate bagel and Nutella cream cheese.
The bread here is fantastic and the cream cheese is even better! Do not forget to always toast your bagel and the more cream cheese the merrier!
Take a peek at the menu:
So bagel lovers unite!